Thursday, April 9, 2009

In the First Place...


What a weird way to start a new post on a new blog, with little Eric… but I thought it was worth sharing
I am intent upon keeping this thing up-to-date and promise to give this my best effort. There is just too much excitement and fun in my life to not share it… potty training, yard work, school, goings-on with the anxiety-ridden german shepherd, etc. Now don’t you want to keep checking in? Hahahaha….
So, for my first telling of the goings-on for today: I am sick with a terrible cold- coughing, sneezing, snotty, headache… and so are my girls. Yuck! Eric is so far germ free. I literally do not remember most of the last 4 days due to what NyQuil does to me at night (which for me lasts at minimum 12 hours). I think I have seen Eric, and am sure he has spoken to me, but what about I can not tell you.
I made it to class last night, which was UBER important since we are starting our UNIT (I say this with a trembling voice and shaky hands). I am in the home stretch now- these are my last two real classes… in the fall, I start Methods- we go four days a week to 4 different classes (Science, Reading Diagnostics, Social Studies, Math) and learn how to teach them… in the day we are thrown into the class in which we will be student teaching and we teach those subjects. And then in the spring, I take over the second grade at McAdenville Elementary! AGH! So scary! I know you teachers know the feelings I am having, so any advice is appreciated. I am, on the other hand, SO excited that my good friend Christine is going to be student teaching in fourth grade at my school! Yay!!! I can not believe this journey is almost done, and I am so sad to leave my school and friends. I have met such wonderful people at the Abbey, and being in such a small, sweet, religious school has been a gift. I have a new respect and admiration for the Catholic community.
Anyway, you will later hear our journey in the world of potty training. Yikes! Bella is scared of the potty… Tot isn’t scared of anything, but training 2 at once is of satan. Oh wait, make that 3 at once since I keep Maggie and she’s training too. Hahahaha… I am crazy, yes. But I always wanted a loud, loving, crazy home… here it is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment