Monday, April 27, 2009

Escaping...

I needed to escape from doing work on my curriculum unit, so here I am. Plus I knew you were curious about my weekend...
It was nice not to travel and laze around home. Friday I spent a huge amount of time outside with the girls (they seem to not notice the tremendous heat out) and we spruced up our patio. I now have a gorgeous double blooming red rose bush in a planter out back (I wish I had bought another) and the deep red color makes everything come alive back there. We also went and bought a grill (finally!!) yesterday and now it truly looks homey back there! The girls have their own table with umbrella, so we all enjoy it. I can't wait to grill out tomorrow! There just wasn't enough time to get back and set everything up to grill last night.

Speaking of grilling, we went over to the neighbors, Jason and Emily's, along with a group of other neighbor friends to grill hot dogs and hamburgers on Saturday night. It was nice to sit around their pool and keep the kids from falling in :) Their baby, Ethan, is so cute and I get my little baby boy fix by going over and hugging on him every once in awhile. It's no secret that I want a boy, but I cried while putting some of the girls' things in bags that they can't wear anymore. I really think I wouldn't mind one more girl (shhhh)...

I have to tell you our church service was awesome this Sunday! My favorite pastor, Joel Everything-is-Wonderful-and-All-Yours Osteen was trashed again, which always makes me happy. But seriously, the truth spoken there is sooo refreshing.

The worship team is recording a live album this Friday night so everyone in church is supposed to come lend a voice. I am excited about it! The CD's will be given away as a way to reach out to the community.

So now I guess I'll get to work... here's hoping no one gets swine flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment