Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Good Book...

Since I would be on sprink break this past week, I decided to pick up a book to read just for me- nothing related to school at ALL. I fell on this one at Goodwill, so for about $.80 I got an amazing read! I LOVED everything about this book and how it affected me... and I was sad when it was over.

The Gunters had a great Easter, though I missed being with family for the holiday. Since Jonathan was on duty this past weekend, we postponed family Easter events until next weekend. Eric and I wrestled with what to do since he was off Friday, and we decided to take it easy and have a date night Friday night, then spend the rest of the weekend in the mountains with the girls. Would you believe that the girls were being so good and we were so sad to leave them (that and I was still coughing from my earlier cold), that we cancelled date night and spent time at home instead on Friday?!

We ended up getting a room at the Hillwinds Inn in Blowing Rock for Saturday night, so we drove up at lunch on Saturday. About 3/4 of the way up the mountain Bella said "Daddy, my ears not right"... her first ear popping experience. Tot was asleep :)

Our room was SUPER cute. Small and very clean, comfy and right in downtown Blowing Rock. Ignoramous me forgot the camera... actually it was a relief since I didn't stress about getting good pics the whole time.. the weather was kind of nasty Saturday so we shopped around at Broyhill and the mall in Boone. That night we treated the girls to a meal at Makoto's in Boone- YUMMMMY. I can not tell you how good that food was. I missed it so much.. the girls loved the chef cooking at our table, I think he won over Tot when he threw food at people. Anywhere that food is thrown, she feels at home. I worried about the fire part, when they light the cooktop, but Tot clapped in joy and said "fire! fire!" Bella hid her face and whimpered. How can kids be so different?!

Eric was VERY excited to play Praise and Worship with the group at Trinity on Sunday, and I could see the joy he felt at picking up his guitar again. He hasn't played for anyone in awhile and I had missed hearing him. He plays for the girls while I am in class, so I always miss it :) Church was awesome, as I knew it would be. The music was great and Nathan's message right on. It was so amazing having lunch with Nathan, Erin and little Madison, who is such a big girl now! Bella and Tot had missed her, and Bella asks to see her a lot, though we are pretty positive she just wants to see Mr. Nathan. We had fun seeing Buttercup the dog and hanging out on a gorgeous Sunday at their house. Eric truly is at home in those mountains. He gets this smile as we climb into the hills and it sticks to his face until we leave them. It is so refreshing to be with people who don't care about stuff- money, houses, cars, income, blah blah blah... just good people who want to worship in their daily life.

I am blessed beyond measure by a God who sacrificed it all to rescue me... who am I to receive such a gift? Unworthy and humbled. And grateful. I heard a great sermon today while driving the girls around... I wish I could rewrite it for you... but it was all about our unworthiness and meaningless drive to get STUFF instead of eternal rewards. If we are one day surrounded by those we witnessed to, how will we stand asked Greg Laurie. What a compelling thought!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous that you got to have dinner with the Caparolies. We miss them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we talked about you guys and how we thought you were good people :) hope to see that baby soon!

    ReplyDelete