Thursday, July 16, 2009

LONG TIME


It's been fo-eva since we updated!


My thoughts right now: I am having an awesome time at home with my little diva and sprout... I am seriously grieving being away from them starting in the fall... only a few weeks left and I am savoring each minute.


I have filled up the days with them shopping, going to see Eric at work, playing, running and dancing... I know I will never ever ever be sorry I was with them their first few years of life, knowing them so well and soaking up their time being little. I can easily say that no matter how much we would have to live on very little, I would have still wanted to say I was home with my girls for their beginning. Now that they are getting a bit older, I am struggling with thinking of working... I am not sure I won't make the decision that they need mommy more than money (DUH) and that I should stay home. That would mean less stuff but I shouldn't care about stuff... the most important thing is that they know I am here for them and JESUS loves them :) I do keep telling myself I would have summers off so I could be with them then... oh these grown-up decisions...


They are growing SO quickly and there is never a dull moment. I can't believe all they are learning everyday- every time they talk it seems I am saying "how did you learn that?" One of our favorite things to do is curl up on the couch with our popcorn and watch a movie they like- Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, or The Little Mermaid lately. Bella is our diva, wearing heels and dresses 24/7. Literally when she wakes up she looks for a dress and heels. It's very natural how she runs, jumps and plays while wearing a huge dress with at least 2" heels on.


Tot is the rough and tumble one who never seems to get hurt- she takes a hit and gets right back up. She also would rather her flip flops any day. She is soft-hearted but stubborn. She goes to her bed herself, pulls up her blanket and asks for "dark". Sister however needs to be read to, help tucking in, head rubbed and a story. Bella cries thinking Daddy is angry with her. Tot laughs when she thinks we are annoyed or says "no" and crosses her arms. To say they are opposites is not strong enough. What they have in common is that they love one another endlessly- we already see the strong bond they have that I pray helps them overcome much- with each other they know they always have a best friend. They have their own language and way of playing.


I need to get busy cleaning and preparing for the BBQ we are having with the neighbors Friday night... lots of chores to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment