Monday, May 11, 2009

An Incredible Mother

An Incredible Mother

My Wife, Jamie, is really an incredible and remarkable woman. She amazes me with all that she’s able to do and the kind of person that she is. She spends her days caring for, teaching, and loving on our two beautiful girls. Her nights are spent in class pursuing God’s calling on her to be a teacher and in her free time (I guess an oxymoron) doing projects and homework. Did I mention that she also watches a 3rd girl during the weekdays? Her days are packed changing diapers, cleaning up after children, reading stories, teaching numbers and the alphabet, singing songs, taking the girls outside for nature expeditions, putting them down (sometimes with a struggle) for nap, feeding them lunch, wiping their noses, keeping me notified of their discoveries, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Somehow, this beautiful woman still has love for me. She makes my coffee and sometimes breakfast before I can even get to the kitchen. Besides salvation, she has been God’s greatest gift of grace in my life. How I am blessed to have her as a wife. How blessed our children are to have her as a mother. Proverbs 18:22 says, “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” What favor the Lord has bestowed on me.

A humbled husband,

eric

No comments:

Post a Comment